We are doing a collection drive from now until Sept 25th. The actual ‘shopping’ event is Oct 1st & 2nd. We will be doing 2 HUGE gown sorting parties on base; and that’s where we get as many of the gowns as possible all sorted and hung on racks according to size, so volunteers for this portion of set up is appreciated.
Evening wear donations can be collected at Qualcomm and a Dance Hearts/Bells of Freedom representative will collect by September 23rd, 2013.
VOLUNTEERS – Then during the 2 day event we also ask for volunteers to helps in the following areas:
- Personal Assistants – Female Volunteers ONLY for these positions ; 18 YEARS + to help in the boutique/shopping area to help as personal assistants to the spouses (help with finding a gown, help zip, button or tie up the gown at dressing room, etc..)
- Child Care Volunteers – 16 YEARS + – we provide free child care while the ladies shop, so we need helping hands in the child care room to watch the little ones. Child care room is in same facility as the event.
- Set-up & Break-down – this event is HUGE, and so it takes a time to set up & time to break down, we can use as many helping hands as possible for both.
- Gown Sorting Parties – we will host 2 in Sept (9/19/13 & 9/26/13)
- Set-up Date: Sept 30th 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m., MCFTB bldg. 1795, Camp Pendleton
- Event Dates: Oct 1st & 2nd – 9:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Break-down Date: Oct 2nd 8:00 p.m. until ?? (usually takes 3 hrs.)
- For Information regarding evening wear donations, pick up etc. Contact Us